Caroline Springs locked in top spot while the Victorian Turf Cricket Association club made history on Saturday.
The Falcons have been on a mission all season in the Roy Picone Shield, after falling short the past couple of seasons.
Joining the Falcons first XI in finals will be the club’s other four Saturday men’s sides, the first time the club has had five men’s sides in finals.
Coach Ian Shattock said it was really good to see the whole men’s program have successful seasons.
“Everyone is really happy about it,” he said. “We’ve got five sides playing in finals and there is still one week of the normal season to do.
“Last year we only had four men’s teams and we’ve put the extra team in as we’ve had extra players this season.
“We’re growing and growing and the success we’ve had has been great. The hard work everyone is putting in at training is paying off.”
Shattock said they had a lot of new people at the club this season and it was really encouraging seeing them have an impact.
The first XI sealed top spot with a big win against Melton South Royals on Saturday.
The Falcons had made 7-304 on day one of the match with contributions through the top and middle order.
Shattock said it was good to see Rukshan Fernando, who made 56 not out, back among the runs after a couple of tough weeks.
“We’re a strong team,” he said.
“Melton South fought hard and it was good to get the points.”
The Royals’ were bowled out for 159 in the 76th over.
Andrew Hodgart top scored with 44 not out as he came in at number eight.
Fernando and Gavin McCallum took three wickets each for the Falcons.
Shattock said they had a couple of injuries within the playing group, but with the side in a strong position they were able to rest them and prepare for finals.
The Falcons finish the regular season with a one-dayer against Keilor Park.
The Royals will finish their season against Kingsville. The Royals sit bottom and are set to be relegated.
Shattock said they were ready for the finals test.
“The boys are ready,” he said.”Hopefully we have two big games left.
“We want redemption for what has happened the last couple of years.
“It’s still strong in everyone’s mind. We have work hard and put our best foot forward come finals.”
Meanwhile, Sydenham-Hillside remains in finals contention despite an outright in senior division.
The Storm had conceded first innings points on day one of its match with Deer Park.
The Lions ended day one at 3-163 in reply to 131.
They sent the Storm back in to start day two and were able to bowl them out for 154.
Anthony Alleyne top scored with 52 for the Storm.
Fawad Ahmed took 5-29 for the Lions.
The Lions then went in chase of the whole 10 points, finishing 5-125 off 14.5 overs.
The Storm must win in the final round and hope Yarraville Club losses to have any chance of making finals.

















