MELTON & MOORABOOL
Home » News » New kinder for Cobblebank

New kinder for Cobblebank

A kindergarten will be built on the site of a Catholic school in Cobblebank.

The kinder was one of three announced by the state government last week. They will be built on the sites of future Catholic schools.

The new early learning centres will delivered in partnership with Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools Early Years Education (MACSEYE) will open in 2027.

The state government said that co-locating the kinders with a Catholic school would provide families with easier access to school and kindergarten.

The government and MACSEYE have already partnered to deliver 15 early learning centres across the state.

Children’s Minister Lizzie Blandthorn said the three new kinders at Cobblebank, Tarneit and Wyndham Vale, would deliver more than 500 kinder places.

MACSEYE managing director Heather Finlayson said the organisation was proud to partner with the government to expand its network of children’s hubs (kindergartens).

“Early childhood lays the foundation for lifelong learning, and every child deserves access to nurturing kindergarten and outside school hours care that connects them with their community,” she said.

MACSEYE children’s hubs are also under construction at St Padre Pio Catholic Primary School in Thornhill Park, St Lawrence of Brindisi Catholic Primary School in Weir Views and St Marianne Cope School in Mount Atkinson. They are expected to open in 2026.

Digital Editions


  • Eagles big scalp

    Eagles big scalp

    Eynesbury Eagles pulled off one of the upsets of the Gisborne and District Cricket Association Johnstone Shield season on Saturday. With just one win of…

More News

  • Lions’ fall short

    Lions’ fall short

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 389722 Melton almost pulled off a win in a low scoring affair against Williamstown in the Victorian Sub-District Cricket Association east-west on the weekend.…

  • From the archives

    From the archives

    30 years ago 21 February 1996 A 200-metre section of High Street, Melton, would be closed and covered under a radical Melton Business Association proposal. 20 years go 21 February…

  • Ambulance response times up

    Ambulance response times up

    Ambulance response times across both Melton and Moorabool have improved slightly over the last quarter, according to the latest data released by Ambulance Victoria (AV). Paramedics in Melton responded to…

  • Coaches replace evening trains

    Coaches replace evening trains

    Evening train services on the Ballarat line will be replaced by coaches over three nights next month due to maintenance works. Coaches will replace evening trains for the entire journey…

  • A slippery problem

    A slippery problem

    Multiple snake sightings have been made at Burnside Heights Recreation Reserve, prompting safety concerns from Burnside Springs United Cricket Club and renewed calls for assistance from authorities. A snake was…

  • Total fire ban declared

    Total fire ban declared

    Residents across Melton and Moorabool are being urged to remain vigilant today, with a total fire ban declared for Victoria’s Central District amid hot, dry and winy conditions. Authorities have…

  • Peter Carey award returns

    Peter Carey award returns

    Submissions are now open for Moorabool’s tenth annual Peter Carey short story award. Moorabool Libraries and local writers Jem Tyler-Miller and Wayne Marshall will be celebrating the award for its…

  • Grass fire in Fiskville

    Grass fire in Fiskville

    Grassfire advice has been issued for the Ballan district. An advice message has been issued for Ballan, Fiskville, Mount Wallace and Yaloak as firefighters respond to a grassfire in Fiskville.…

  • Swayzee goes back-to-back

    Swayzee goes back-to-back

    Leap To Fame’s older brother Swayzee upstaged him again in another epic Hunter Cup and denied him a $1 million bonus at Melton last night. Just as he did last…

  • Get kinder ready

    Get kinder ready

    Melton council is gearing up for Kindergarten Readiness Month, with a series of free information sessions set to help families prepare for three- and-four-year old kindergarten. Parents and carers can…