MELTON & MOORABOOL
Home » News » Drama puts talent in the spotlight

Drama puts talent in the spotlight

Students are ready for the call of “lights, camera, action” on Bacchus Marsh College’s latest production.

The school’s stage show, Knock on Wood, opens on Tuesday, September 12, with performances until Thursday, September 15.

Knock on Wood is a play written by art and drama teacher Chris Doughty about a film school that calls on country and city high school students in a bid for Melbourne International Film Festival fame.

“This is our ninth original show and our 10th production,” Mr Doughty said. “The kids have workshopped and tweaked some of the scenes to make them have maximum impact.

“We have more than 60 students in our cast, as well as a crew of dedicated hard-working students.”

Producer Aimee Edwards is a former Bacchus Marsh College student.

Mr Doughty said students had been heavily involved behind the scenes, rewriting scenes and setting up a theatre at the school for
weeks.

“The students have been instrumental in setting up the show,” Mr Doughty said. “Every year we are so lucky to have so many genuinely talented actors. I can assure anyone who sees the show that they will be pleasantly surprised at what these ‘high school’ kids can achieve.

“Our production family has always been a very close-knit group and we have always had wonderful experiences in rehearsals. It is a huge team-building experience and something I hope they remember forever.”

Tickets cost $10 from the school office or by calling 5367 2955.

Digital Editions


  • Eagles big scalp

    Eagles big scalp

    Eynesbury Eagles pulled off one of the upsets of the Gisborne and District Cricket Association Johnstone Shield season on Saturday. With just one win of…

More News

  • Lions’ fall short

    Lions’ fall short

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 389722 Melton almost pulled off a win in a low scoring affair against Williamstown in the Victorian Sub-District Cricket Association east-west on the weekend.…

  • From the archives

    From the archives

    30 years ago 21 February 1996 A 200-metre section of High Street, Melton, would be closed and covered under a radical Melton Business Association proposal. 20 years go 21 February…

  • Ambulance response times up

    Ambulance response times up

    Ambulance response times across both Melton and Moorabool have improved slightly over the last quarter, according to the latest data released by Ambulance Victoria (AV). Paramedics in Melton responded to…

  • Coaches replace evening trains

    Coaches replace evening trains

    Evening train services on the Ballarat line will be replaced by coaches over three nights next month due to maintenance works. Coaches will replace evening trains for the entire journey…

  • A slippery problem

    A slippery problem

    Multiple snake sightings have been made at Burnside Heights Recreation Reserve, prompting safety concerns from Burnside Springs United Cricket Club and renewed calls for assistance from authorities. A snake was…

  • Total fire ban declared

    Total fire ban declared

    Residents across Melton and Moorabool are being urged to remain vigilant today, with a total fire ban declared for Victoria’s Central District amid hot, dry and winy conditions. Authorities have…

  • Peter Carey award returns

    Peter Carey award returns

    Submissions are now open for Moorabool’s tenth annual Peter Carey short story award. Moorabool Libraries and local writers Jem Tyler-Miller and Wayne Marshall will be celebrating the award for its…

  • Grass fire in Fiskville

    Grass fire in Fiskville

    Grassfire advice has been issued for the Ballan district. An advice message has been issued for Ballan, Fiskville, Mount Wallace and Yaloak as firefighters respond to a grassfire in Fiskville.…

  • Swayzee goes back-to-back

    Swayzee goes back-to-back

    Leap To Fame’s older brother Swayzee upstaged him again in another epic Hunter Cup and denied him a $1 million bonus at Melton last night. Just as he did last…

  • Get kinder ready

    Get kinder ready

    Melton council is gearing up for Kindergarten Readiness Month, with a series of free information sessions set to help families prepare for three- and-four-year old kindergarten. Parents and carers can…