MELTON & MOORABOOL
Home » Sport » Plans underway at Keilor Park

Plans underway at Keilor Park

Keilor Park is kick starting plans to get the club’s senior men’s program back up and going.

Having had to withdraw both their senior and reserves teams from the Essendon District Football League this season due to a lack of numbers, the club has started putting plans in place for next season.

The first step is to hold a meeting on Monday night, to get ideas from the Devils faithful on how to move forward.

Devils’ president Brad Davies said this is the first step in the process to get the men’s sides back up.

He said they don’t want to find themselves in this position again.

“We’re not just meeting with the players, it’s about getting a plan together for the next three years.

“How to run the club better and how we can improve. We want to have senior men’s teams that are sustainable into the future.”

The club has engaged the services of Sports Community, which is a professional sporting consulting group, to help not only get the men’s teams going again, but to help with the running of the club.

Davies said several members from the playing group, who have since gone elsewhere to play were keen to be part of the club again.

“It was very heart wrenching and they were upset they we had to pull the pin at the start of the year,” he said.

“They wanted to play for the club and the jumper, but with everything else going on it wasn’t sustainable to get two sides or even one on the park.”

Davies said there had been a lot of support from the local community, other clubs and the EDFL.

He encourages anyone who wants to help out to try and get to the meeting.

“The more the merrier and it means more ideas thrown around we can work with,” he said.

“Other people might have something to help us get back on the right track.”

The meeting is being held at the Keilor Park Sports Club on Monday from 7pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Digital Editions


  • Grass fire in Bullengarook

    Grass fire in Bullengarook

    An out-of-control grassfire is burning at the intersection of Gisborne and Bacchus Marsh roads in Bullengarook, prompting an advice message for residents in Bullengarook, Coimadai,…

More News

  • What to look forward to in Moorabool

    What to look forward to in Moorabool

    Moorabool council is set to host an abundance of music and literature events across Bacchus marsh, Ballan and Blackwood this year, pairing with local artists and visiting talent. Council was…

  • Community calendar

    Community calendar

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534644 Volunteer with L2P Help a disadvantaged young person gain essential driving hours by becoming an L2P Volunteer Driving Mentor. A few hours a…

  • Lions’ fall short

    Lions’ fall short

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 389722 Melton almost pulled off a win in a low scoring affair against Williamstown in the Victorian Sub-District Cricket Association east-west on the weekend.…

  • From the archives

    From the archives

    30 years ago 21 February 1996 A 200-metre section of High Street, Melton, would be closed and covered under a radical Melton Business Association proposal. 20 years go 21 February…

  • Ambulance response times up

    Ambulance response times up

    Ambulance response times across both Melton and Moorabool have improved slightly over the last quarter, according to the latest data released by Ambulance Victoria (AV). Paramedics in Melton responded to…

  • Coaches replace evening trains

    Coaches replace evening trains

    Evening train services on the Ballarat line will be replaced by coaches over three nights next month due to maintenance works. Coaches will replace evening trains for the entire journey…

  • A slippery problem

    A slippery problem

    Multiple snake sightings have been made at Burnside Heights Recreation Reserve, prompting safety concerns from Burnside Springs United Cricket Club and renewed calls for assistance from authorities. A snake was…

  • Total fire ban declared

    Total fire ban declared

    Residents across Melton and Moorabool are being urged to remain vigilant today, with a total fire ban declared for Victoria’s Central District amid hot, dry and winy conditions. Authorities have…

  • Peter Carey award returns

    Peter Carey award returns

    Submissions are now open for Moorabool’s tenth annual Peter Carey short story award. Moorabool Libraries and local writers Jem Tyler-Miller and Wayne Marshall will be celebrating the award for its…

  • Grass fire in Fiskville

    Grass fire in Fiskville

    Grassfire advice has been issued for the Ballan district. An advice message has been issued for Ballan, Fiskville, Mount Wallace and Yaloak as firefighters respond to a grassfire in Fiskville.…