Melton’s best businesses will be celebrated at tonight’s Melton Business Excellence Awards.
As reported by Star Weekly, the awards are back this year after being held off in 2020 due to COVID restrictions.
Finalists were announced last month, with 21 businesses who deliver a variety of services to Melton residents being recognised for their work.
There are 10 award categories, including the ultimate Business of the Year award.
Former Melton mayor Kathy Majdlik said the quality of entrants across the categories was exceptionally high.
“I’d like to congratulate each of these businesses for making it as finalists among a high calibre of applications,” Cr Majdlik said.
The finalists are:
*Award for Innovation: Cross the T, ProTech IT Solutions, Witchmount Estate Winery
* Award for Adaptability: Emagineering Computers, Events 720, Graze with Michelle
* Award for Creativity: All Fun Parties, Blissful Inspirations Cakes, Jaslar Pearl
* Award for Accessibility and Inclusion: Discovering Strength, Outlook Environmental, Tuya Colour Cosmetics
* Conscientious Employer Award: Springs Dental Group, Poolside Melton, Tabcorp Park
* Award for Sustainability Leadership: Hayden’s House Food & Produce, Lady and the Hair, Melton Toyota
*Award for Disability Inclusion: Dancesport Westside, Melton Music, Specialist Hoops Basketball
All finalists are in the running for the Mayoral Achievement Award and Business of the Year Award, while past award winners have the chance to take out the Hall of Fame Award.